World Health Organisation (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, Dr Matshidiso Moeti, has reacted to reports of four suspected Ebola deaths in Guinea.
Moeti, in a tweet on Sunday @MoetiTshidi on Sunday, expressed concern over the development.
Recall that Guinea’s Ministry of Health had reported that four people died of Ebola in a resurgence of the disease that first emerged five years ago.
She said “WHO is ramping up readiness and response efforts to this potential resurgence of Ebola in West Africa, a region which suffered so much from Ebola in 2014,’’ Moeti said.
Meanwhile, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) recorded a fresh case of Ebola in the North Kivu province of the country.
WHO stated that DRC announced that a new case of Ebola had been detected in Butembo, a city in North Kivu Province, where a previous outbreak was declared in June 2020.