A top Political analyst in the state, Comr. Manfred Ekpe, Esq. has observed the unusual quietness of his Excellency, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State on a recent allegation by a top APC Nationalist.
In his piece, and I quote;
“1. Governor Udom Emmanuel’s government promptly responds to false or perceived misleading information through the ministry of information or the Chief Press Secretary to the governor.
But since Senator Ita Enang said openly on radio and authoritatively too, that His Excellency is already an APC member, that doubting Thomases should only wait for official announcement, the governor by himself or through his official mouthpiece has carefully avoided uttering a word on Ita Enang’s statement. This silence is too loud and clear.
2. Akwa Ibomites should observe that in very normal and healthy situation, His Excellency would refute Senator Ita Enang’s allegation during the October 26th flagging off of the PDP membership e-registration. But he avoided that issue like a plaque.
3. Akwa Ibomites could observe that Maintain Peace Movement (MPM), which was clearly crafted as a successor campaign vehicle has lost all steam and savour. Even the governor is not funding it. The purveyors of the concept have also clearly avoided financial investment in it. By now MPM should be mobilizing heavily, consulting stakeholders, holding public rallies, issuing uniforms to lazy youths and mobilizing for social media presence very heavily. This has always been the political experience since 1999.
4. Akwa Ibomites can also observe that the PDP National Youth Movement led by Comrade Ifiokobong Akanimoh which is always a beehive of activities and point of attraction months ahead of party primaries has suddenly gone sterile. The activities it begun weeks ago have suddenly gone frozen. Even then it never attracted any usual steam and cacophony that follows such huge political movement.
6. Akwa Ibom female youths led by one Esther Nta Inyang which members were jumping over the political space like table tennis ball before the Ita Enang statement, have suddenly relapsed into disturbing silence and inactivity. It’s president Esther Nta has since resigned into being a birthday well wisher and cook at burial places.
7. Sycophants and political jobbers -for- food have all gone frozen silent, but whereas in normal circumstances, months ahead of party primaries would see very high steamed political activities, promotion of different aspirants, blackmails, newspaper and social media wars against popular aspirants, intellectual and physical fights, proliferation of uniform wearing political associations and mad rush to identify with MPM. All these are lacking in Akwa Ibom political space. Something is wrong somewhere.
8. The reasonable inference from the foregoing is that there is so much political uncertainties even in the corridors of power. Even those in the kitchen caucus of the governor seems so confounded and lost, hence they can’t give instruction to their followers on whom to support and whom to blackmail. Every soft blackmail, especially against Pastor Umo Eno today has a character of personal attack not coordinated from a centre of control.
9. Members of the public should observe that 2 months ago Senator Ita Enang said on radio that the federal university of technology had been assigned to Ikot Abasi. Governor Udom Emmanuel through the commissioner for education immediately refuted the claim that Ita Enang was telling his usual lies. This was the time the governor himself was trying to influence the federal university to his Awa hometown, as we had that classified information. But a few weeks latter the federal government announced the location at Ikot Abasi vindicating Ita Enang. Mr. Enang cannot be wrong in Udom’s defection prediction.
10) Members of the public should also observe the sudden refrain from criticising Governor Udom by Senator Ita Enang, and the Akwa Ibom APC spokesman, Mr. Enyongekere.
11. All these circumstantial situations seems to lead to only one conclusion, that Governor Udom Emmanuel is no longer seen by APC as an opposition.
Certainly weeks ahead will define the future.”